Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Save the World's Saddest Dolphins


A Dialogue session with the 72 years old Ric O'barry (the activist featured in the Academy Award Winning Documentary - The Cove) and Louis Ng (founder of ACRES) on Captive Dolphins and the struggle to get Resort World Sentosa to release the Wild Dolphins.

For anybody are supporting the capturing of the Wild Dolphins, please watch the documentary - The Cove. I watched the movie and it is hard to understand why Human Beings are capable of such brutality. 

I was asking myself:
"Why am I here in the dialogue session on a Tuesday evening?" 
"Why do I bother to support the cause?"
"Why are so many people around me supporting the cause?"
"Why do Ric & Louis bother to spend so much time and effort on this cause?"

Then Ric said something like 
"We get into a campaign because it is the right thing to do. Not to win."

Because it is the right thing to do. 
Sometimes, we could not just sit back and do nothing.
Both Ric and Louis are amazing people devoting their lives to worthy causes. Respect!

We assume that we are the greatest species. We have the brain to outsmart and dominate every animal on this earth. Some people even told me that their God created animals for us to eat! (That really infuriates me!!!) Who give us the right to exploit the animals? Are you fine with another person enslaving you just because the other person is more powerful? 

FAQs on captive dolphins:

Ric is absolutely right and very wise to say this:
"The key to solving all our environmental problems is to control our desires."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I just read your post about the church. I think your blog is interesting but I would like to email if you don't mind. My email is bh303204@ohio.edu.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Ben