Sunday, October 30, 2011

One New Experience Each Week - Istana

I was thinking of procrastinating the Istana visit and spending my Deepavali Holiday lazing around. May be I could visit the Istana next year. This is the exactly why I had never visited Istana - it will always be there. Then, I asked myself... what if I am not around next year?

Main Gate of Istana


City Skyline from Istana


Statue of Queen Victoria - A Remnant of the British Colonial Rule

Mr Lee Kuan Yew (First Prime Minister of Singapore) said at his wife's wake that one of the happiest moments in his life was strolling in Istana with his wife in the evenings. Indeed, Istana is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the manicured "lawn" and beautiful garden... But not everybody have the privilege to enjoy the peace and tranquility of this place without a crowd.


Newly elected President Dr Tony Tan


The main building


I love the greens and the weather was cooling.
So what's the best way to enjoy the moment?


Strolling on the green barefooted....
Feeling the softness of the ground...
Walking freely...


When I got off the green and got back to the pavement,
I overheard someone commenting
"Oh... the ground was wet and muddy..."

I was thinking
"Ah....h Singaporeans...."

No comments: