Sunday, February 08, 2009

I want to be where I am now.


(Overlooking Potala Palace during Dawn at Lhasa, Tibet.)
.
I want to be where I am now.
Don't mistaken.
I am not successful by the current society's standard.
In fact, my life is far from being perfect.

.
However,
I am really happy and contented with my current life.
My parents, siblings and all my important friends are around, healthy and doing okay.
It is a true joy to know that people around me are generally doing fine.
I hope it will remain that way.
When they are happy, I really share their joys.
When they are facing difficult times, it also affects me.
I have figured long time ago that it is pointless to compare.
Sometimes you are in front, sometimes you are behind
In the end, you are the only person in the race.
.
I am not rich materially, but I am fine with that.
I do not need need that much material possesion to be happy.
I am healthy and reasonably fit.
I am at a point where I am not too young nor too old.
I know who I am and who I want to be.
I am old enough to be responsible for my actions.
I do not have much burdens or things to tie me down.
I still have dreams and goals in life.
I am making small incremental steps towards my dream.
I still have energy and passion.
In fact, it is a joy to work towards the dream (whether I succeed or not).
I might not reach my destination eventually.
But, at least the journey is enjoyable.
.
Last few weeks had been great.
I felt really blessed to be surrounded by loved ones and great friends.
I am savouring every moment that I spent with my family and friends.
I do not need to rewind or forward my life.
.
While I hope that time would freeze,
I know that Life is impermanence.
Nothing last forever.
Cherish it while it last.
Not to take things for granted.
.
If I die suddenly tomorrow, I am happy that i was once surrounded by great people.
There is nothing morbid about death.
It is futile avoiding it, why not face it and prepare for it.
As the Tibetan Proverb goes -
"The next life or tomorrow - we can never be certain which will come first".
No matter who leaves first.
I sincerely thank everyone who had walked with me during this short journey.
Life is beautiful...

2 comments:

Yingel said...

:)

Ashlyn said...

Contentment is a virtue.

That we can breathe in life, live life and still have dreams is indeed a blessing :) A passerby here leaving her mark too...