Sunday, April 04, 2010

Travel: Phuket Trip (31st March - 3rd April 2010)

This is Boon.
I am most comfortable when I am in my slipper.
.
.
.
Waiting Happily @ Lobby of Burasari Hotel
.
It is a boutique hotel which is featured as one of the special hotels of the world.
It is quite good (location, service, deco) and the price is reasonable. I would recommend my friends to stay there.

The Room...
Yesh, there is a see-through bathroom.
The interesting thing is that the blind is controlled outside the bathroom, hence, putting the person in the bathroom in a more vulnerable position. haha....
.
.
.
Self-Reflection
.
.
.

Good Breakfast.
We were enjoying ourselves. =)
.
.
.

Day-Bed on the balcony of the room
.
.
.

Patong Beach
.
.
.
Time for Suntanning!
.
.
.
Relax Relax.
.
There were a few topless ladies - One Granny with Sagging Breasts strolling slowly with confidence (While her figure was not exactly nice, but I was impressed by her self-confidence).
.
.
.
Next Day: Diving

.
The previous day, I went to a few dive shops and chose the most expensive one- 4635baht (S$203) for a full-day trip with 3 dives to Phi Phi Don. The rationale was simple: Other shops was operated by Thai people and the price was slightly cheaper only. And this operator is endorsed by the National Geographic.
.
.
.

Lower Deck
Upper Deck
.
.
.
.
Diving with R again.
The last time R dived was back in Sep'02, when we were 2nd-year undergraduate & took the open-water diving course together. Hahaha...
.
It was the most comfortable dive trip I ever had. There was free supply of COLD can drinks and water, food and fruits, coffee, milo, tea...  The lunch was simple, yet very delicious. If you wanna suntan or enjoy the wind, you can go to the upper deck. If you wanna have air-conditioned room, go the the lower deck. Well, most people stay in the upper deck.
.
I did not need to bring anything or assemble my equipment (unlike my previous dive trips). I just went to the lower deck, put on the equipment and jump into the sea. After each dive, I just left the equipment on the lower deck, and the Thai crew would just change my tank for the next dive. It was so good!!!
.
The dive-masters were professional and they came from different parts of the world. My dive-master was a 20-year Swedish dude, and there were only 3 of us attached to him. That is a good ratio (normally, it is 1 dive-master to 6pax).
.

Freedom!!!
Awww....
.
.
.
Jumping Shoot
(The fellow diver must thinking I was mad!)
.
.
.
Island near Ko Phi Phi Don
.
.
I did not see any big fishes, but I saw my first sea-snake (which was more venomous than any land snakes)!!! No big creatures, but the underwater "landscape" is Beautiful.... =)
.
.
On the second dive site, there were alot of translucent pink/white jellyfish near the surface of the water. While I was ascending to the surface, it was a beautiful sight to see so many jellyfish dancing and moving gracefully. However, there was a price a pay for such a beautiful sight. We were all stung by the jellyfishes when we were floating at the surface. It was not a pleasant experience, nevertheless, it was a new experience. 
.
Happy
.
.
.
Bangla Street in Phuket.
This picture captured the nightlife of Phuket - Chaotic, Sleezy, Loud, Colourful...
.
.
.
Colours
.
.
.
Thai-inspired Jumping Shoot @ Patong
after a good Thai Massage
.
.
.
SEAFOOD Dinner!!!
It tasted really good.... It was opened by a Greek man who had a Thai girlfriend/wife.
.
.
Patong Area
Shopping Time!!
.
.
.
T-Shirts
.
.
.
HE was feeling green,
But it was a great short trip for me.
Thanks HF, LY, K & R for being such a great company.

5 comments:

Yingel said...

looks like a great trip!! for some unknown reasons, i actually like phuket better than bali.. dunno why :)

Anonymous said...

Yo man. You should buy an underwater camera to capture those jellyfishes!!!

Boon said...

Ying: Somehow, I still prefer Bali more than Phuket. Both places are similar, but there are more things to do in Bali.

KH: yeah, it would be nice to have an underwater camera, but looking at my various hobbies, I dun think i would invest in it. There are just too many things to buy! haha.

Phuket Hotels Thailand said...

wowww...good trip for you...Thanks so much for sharing experience!hope you will come back to phuket again :)

Phuket Property said...

Woww!! nice trip.
Phuket is the best place to take a trip in Thailand. If you are looking for property or real estate for sale in Phuket. We are here to make it easy for you.