This will be my last entry for the year as I am leaving for South America in a few hours time. Year 2011 is a challenging year, and a lot of things did not go as planned. There are periods where it had been an emotional roller-coaster ride. I had to be mentally stronger. The philosophy of "Letting Go" has been very helpful. However, I also acknowledge that my trivial problems are insignificant when I took a few steps back looking at the bigger perspective of life.
Overall, it has been a good year. I am very grateful to be alive.
There are lessons that I have learnt:
1. Fear is the scariest when I chose not to face it.
2. Trusted people are like gems in my life.
3. Dangerous people: highly educated, intelligent, rich and well-connected, but without integrity. Especially those who appear to be friendly and kind.
4. Always ASK. Ask for help. Ask for favour. Ask questions. Ask for your rights.
5. Have a to-do-list and deadline. It instills self-discipline.
6. Learn to say "NO".
7. Simplicity is Beautiful. Less is More.
8. Be a dreamer. Live with No Regrets.
9. Meet more people. It keeps your ego in check. Humility.
10. Letting Go - the antidote to a lot of problems.
11. Be Grateful always.
(Dad & Niece)
I am really grateful for my family and my friends.