Sunday, July 24, 2011

One New Experience Each Week - Hair for Hope 2011

Before & After
HF, LY & Boon

It has been a great experience participating in Hair for Hope 2011.
I am very happy to raise S$1570.00 for the Children's Cancer Foundation.

Some observations & reflections:

1. When I told my family about my participation in the Hair of Hope event, they said that I was very "Bo-Liao", which means "Nothing better to do". And interestingly, my family donated the most money to support me. That's the beauty of my family. While they may not understand or agree with me, they always support me and believe in me. For that, I am always very touched and thankful.

2. I was humbled and touched by the support and encouragement that I have received. It is always very inspiring to know that people do care about the less fortunate ones. That's compassion, which is the most beautiful thing in the world.

3. At the event, I found that everybody (both ladies and guys) looks very similar with a bald head. It reminded me that while we may look different on the appearance, we are all essentially the same deep inside.  

It was a wonderful experience!
=)

No comments: