Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hair For Hope 2011


I am going to shave my head bald to support "Hair for Hope" project by Children's Cancer Foundation. Below are the objectives of this project:

1. Create awareness of childhood cancer in Singapore.
2. Show children with cancer and their families that they are not alone in their fight against cancer.
3. Tell children with cancer that it is OK to be bald.
4. Raise funds to help children with cancer and their families.
5. Build a community of support for children with cancer and their families.

Why did I do it?
1. I am inspired by people who have done it.
2. I feel sad for the innocent children, who have yet to experience the beauty of life.
3. I want to help, but I have limited resources. 
By doing this, I could garner more support from my friends & family.
4. To remind me of the Impermanence of Life. Life is too short.
5. Learning to be detached from my physical appearance.

I am very grateful for the support of my friends. I am really touched by their compassion. At the end of our journeys, it is the intangible things that really matters. Love and Care for each other, as well as the less fortunate. Lend a helping hand to someone in need. I am really happy. 
=)


May you always be happy!

** Achieved my goal of S$1000 donation. Thanks to my elder brother for filling up the gap.
=D

No comments: