Monday, February 22, 2010

Forgiveness... A liberating force...

Recently, someone made a nasty remark about me (I was informed by a credible source). My first reaction was anger, but I was not thinking about confronting that person. I just wanted to sit down and clear up any misunderstandings, as I have nothing to fear. However, knowing that person's personality, I know that sitting down won't clear things up, as that person would get very defensive and may be aggressive (Vulnerable & Huge Ego at work).
.
At the same time, frustration kept accumulating inside me. Frustrated that justice was not done. I kept asking myself: So what even if I won? There will be awkwardness and embarrassment, which is unnecessary also. I thought of the things that I have learnt - forgiveness, but it was not easy.
.
I do not need to defend myself. My frustration was created by my Ego. A nasty remark won't make me a lesser person. Action always speaks louder than word. I do not want to carry the past with me. When I contemplate about my death and that person's death, all these things become trivial and unimportant.
.
I decided to forgive that person, and free myself from the prison of frustration.
.
It is an Amazing feeling.
It is so liberating.
I felt like a free bird again.
.
Life will always test you again and again until you learn your lesson.
There are still many things for me to learn...
There are still many tests ahead...
.
Boundless Sky
(Taken @ Timor Leste)

No comments: