Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Happy -> Success or Success -> Happy???

Success -> Happy
People working hard for money, and hopefully, they could enjoy the fruit of labour after accumulating enough wealth.
.
.
Happy -> Success
People would try to be happy by doing the things that they enjoy, and hopefully, this would lead them to some kinda success (monetarily)
.
.
I went to a talk by Ajahn Brahm today.
(As you can see, I am fan of him already)
He touched on the topic of Happy -> Success or Success -> Happy?
.
Coincidentally, I was scribbling some thoughts while i was on my way to work this morning.
Generally, people have been working so hard to reach a goal.
Needless to say, there would be a tremendous sense of joy and accomplishment when the goal is reached.
.
However, Is this joy SUSTAINABLE?
.
Do you need ANOTHER GOAL to be happy?
.
A few months ago, I was thinking if I wanted to do a GMAT or GRE. I listed out and weighted all the pros and cons of doing a MBA or MFE.
It was a tough decision until I asked myself this question:
.
Will I enjoy the journey?
.
Won’t it be nice to be able to enjoy the journey?
.
If I did not reach the destination, at least, I know that I enjoyed my journey.
That’s all that matters.
.

(Taken in Tibet while on the road)
.
I hope I could belong to the category of “Happy -> Success”.
.
I am still learning to savour every moment of my journey.
.
Still Searching and exploring....

No comments: