Saturday, March 07, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button


Just watched “The curious case of Benjamin Button”...
To me, it is a story about growing old, facing death and being alive.
May be a lot of us would like to be like Benjamin, to be younger physically as the day passes...
However, it would be lonely journey...
I would choose to grow old like everybody else...
It is always nice to have people to share some parts of the journey with you...
One group of friends that I really treasure is my primary school friends...
The group of us (around 10) have been friends since 7 years old...
It is interesting to see how everybody changes and evolves over the years...

Seeing the “highs and lows” of everybody...

That’s life.

Seeing people getting married... having children etc...

That’s life too.

I am sure we will see death among us eventually...

It is not morbid; it is part of life too...

We should learn to be at peace with life...

.

On another note, I remember around 9 years ago back in 2000.
On a particular Wednesday, I was partying at Zouk’s Mambo Jambo with my JC friends.
The guys were serving our NS and the ladies were freshman in University.
There was a moment that I still remember vividly till today.
My friends and I were singing and dancing to Alphaville’s “Forever Young”.
And I really meant it.
I hoped time would freeze then...
I did not want to grow old...
9 years had passed since then...
I still hope that time would slow down...

.

Now, instead of hoping that time would slow down

Why don’t I make full use of it now?

Enjoy every moment and make the best out of it.

Pluck up the courage and take the plunge.

Experience new things in life.

Challenge life.

May be not long from now,
I would be reading this entry on my deathbed and reminiscing about my life.

Hopefully, I have interesting stories to share at my deathbed.

More importantly,
have the wisdom to be in peace with growing old and facing death.

No comments: