Saturday, February 28, 2009

Singapore Sprint Series Race 1 - Sprint Aquathlon

One of this year's resolutions is to complete an Olympic Distance Triathlon.
(1.5km Swim, 40km cycle, 10km run)
.
It would be challenge for me especially for the swimming and cycling.
Fortunately, Singapore Sprint Series is a good buildup to the OD Triathlon.
.
I was really excited, as it was my first swim-run race.
It was my first time swimming in the Sea for a race.
The race consists of 750m swim and 5km run.
.

Found this picture on a stranger's blog
I am the guy in the white shirt posing for photos. haha...
.
I was asking myself,
What was I doing in Sentosa Tanjong Beach on an early Sunday morning?
I should be in my bed.
haha...
.

Getting Hyped up. =)
(Jon, Boon & Winnie)
.
I completed the race in decent timing.
Total Time: 46mins 23 secs
.
Breakdown:
750m Swim - 19mins 43secs
Transition Time - 1min 19secs
5km run - 25mins 19secs
.
Category Ranking: 47 out of 108
Gender Ranking: 200 out of 477
Overall Ranking: 231 out of 636
.
I believed I could do better.
But it was not bad for first timer,
considering that last december, I could hardly swim 100m in Freestyle.
Looking forward to more races...
=)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

这是。。。铁人3项么?真厉害,羡慕你能游泳。。。我在上海已经窝在房间里好几个星期了,上海连续下雨3个星期了,要崩溃了!要加油哦!

Boon said...

Hey Zhang Sheng,

This is not 铁人3项, in fact, far from it. It is only an introduction to triathlon... for amateurs like me. =)

Go out... and enjoy the rain!!!
You can still swim in the rain... but i guess it must be freezing in Shanghai now.

Boon