Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Inspiration: American Swimmer Dara Torres - Won 3 Olympic Silver Medals at age of 41


"Dara Grace Torres (born April 15, 1967) is an American international swimmer and Olympic gold medalist. Torres is the first swimmer from the United States to compete in five Olympic Games (1984, 1988, 1992, 2000 and 2008), and, at age 41, the oldest swimmer ever to earn a place on the U.S. Olympic team. At the 2008 Summer Olympics, she competed in the 50-meter freestyle, 4x100-meter medley relay, and 4x100-meter freestyle relay, and won silver medals in all three events."


“My work is other people’s play. I am in a pool doing what I was meant to do, swim. For anyone who feels stifled or stuck in their life, I say break down those barriers of indecision. Never let anyone set your personal or professional agenda. Live every day with the passion of your last. If I can inspire both women and men in anything it would be that age is just a number, not a death sentence. Wake up every morning with a plan and a dream. If you do, like me, dreams do still come true in your 40s and beyond!

No comments: