Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Good Blog on Traveling in Myanmar

.
Just wanna share this traveling blog written by a Muslim Singapore lady.
I enjoyed reading her travelblog and could relate so much with it.
More importantly, probably due to her journalist background,
she was able to vividly document her encounters with the local Burmese people.
In fact, talking to the locals is the best way to understand the country.
.
.
.
Taken from her blog: Conversation with a local guide
"i asked him how many tourists from my country visit myanmar. he said a lot, but are old people on package tours. he said "those are tourists, they come here snap a few shots, eat a lot, stay at nice places and say they have been to myanmar. you are different, i think. you're here not only to see myanmar, but to feel myanmar. "
.
.
.
After traveling to some countries,
some of my most memorable moments are the interactions with the local people, when friendships are forged, and when I start to see things from their perspectives.
I would try hard to feel the countries that I travel in the future.
=)

No comments: