Sunday, June 28, 2009

"Bo-liao!" remarked by my mum

I reached home just now and told my mum that I fell off my bike in Desaru.

I showed her my wounds on my left shoulder and my right albow, and cuts on my right palm, my left chin, and left leg.

Her immediate remarks was "Bo-liao!".

.

For those who don't understand the word: "Bo-Liao"


.

Then, the next moment, she searched for bandage for me.

.

There are alot of things that I have done or am doing appear to be "Bo-liao" for my family.

For example: Camping in a deserted beach in Borneo and coming back home with 100+ sandfly & mosquito bites over my whole-body. Traveling to third world countries and staying in shabby guesthouses (kena bitten by bed-bugs). Backpacking alone. Trekking mountains. Run Marathon (and limping the next day). Exercising 6 days per week to train for Triathlon. Being a vegetarian (aka Flexitarian) etc...

.

In my family view, most of the things that I have done are quite "Bo-liao" with the exception of working for money and studying university. However, they always support me whenever I do those stuffs that they perceived as "Bo-liao". Eg. My mum would wake up and prepare a hot drink for me at 6am before a race.

.

Doing all these "Bo-liao" things made me happy,

as I know that i am alive.

And I feel alive.

To me, That's life!

The World is too beautiful to be sitting on the couch watching TV.

=)

.

.

.

+++

Today is my first fall while riding.

I still don't exactly know what happened.

It happened too fast, and the next moment I was already on the ground.

I was thinking "Damn! I can't swim the next week because of the wounds."

I am sure this will not be the last fall.

.

.

.

I always felt that:

While it is nice to hope for days and days of good day.

but i would rather have the wisdom to handle a bad day, then to hope for a good day.

.

.

.

Applying this small philosophy of mine:

While applying the Chinese Oilment "Qing Shao You" on my wound, the pain magnified a few times (but the wound will heal really quickly). I took this opportunity to practice empathy and compassion. I think of those people experiencing more intense pain than me (ie. people in hospital, people with cancer etc..). My pain is totally insignificant.

Not surprisingly, I experienced less pain.

.

It also reminded me that I experience pain because I am alive.

I should be grateful.

.

I just hope that I could sustain this optimism.

=)

No comments: