Monday, June 22, 2009

'Yes mum, I'll fight monster' - Charmaine Lim


Such cute and innocent 4 years-old child.

This is her blog:


.

For Donation:


.

Please give her the ammunition to fight the monster.

=)
.
.
.
+++
The Child's mum is my good friend's cousin and my JC schoolmate.
I do not know her personally, but I know I had met her before (back in JC time).
It must be tough to see your child suffering, and yet feeling so helpless.
I could never imagine the intense pain and frustration.... and may be despair & desperation.
.
I sent a note to some friends to spread the news for donation.
It is very heartening to know that quite alot of them responded.
(I am sure there are many more who donated, just that I am not aware)
.
I believe that if we are in a position to help, we are already very fortunate and blessed.
We should rejoice about it.
.
My friends' actions just made me really happy today.
It made me really proud of them.
It is these acts of kindness and compassion that makes the world so beautiful.
Life is beautiful!
=)
.
.
+++
Side note: My happiness was dampened by a call when I was on my way home. I was angry and bothered by the call. After some pondering, why should I let someone who is unreasonable and unhappy to compromise my happiness? It is stupid and very unwise to be bothered by it.
My anger subsided slowly after rationalising it.
Now, I am not angry about the call anymore.
It will be foolish of me to be angry and allow that call to dampen my mood.
Stop thinking about the trivial bad things in life.
Focusing on the things that are more worthwhile.
=)

No comments: