Saturday, April 25, 2009

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

Watched this last lecture back in 2007.
I was totally inspired.
Unfortunately, Randy Pausch passed away On July 25, 2008.
.

The Original Last Lecture.

.

Inspirational Speech by Dr. Randy Pausch On the Oprah Winfrey Show

.

"Why I gave the talk?

The talk isn't about how to achieve your childhood dream. It is much broader than that. It is about how to live your life. Because if you live your life the right way, the Karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you. If you live properly, the dreams will come to you...... I only wrote this lecture for 3 people (his 3 kids), and when they're older they will watch it." - Randy Pausch

.

++++

This reminded me of a recent conversation with a friend.

He was not excited and enthusiastic about life. He mentioned that what is life about - working, sleeping working etc... He has a religion, he has a good relationship with his girlfriend (getting married soon). Why is he not enthusiastic about life??? To me, a person who is not enthusiastic about life is a walking zombie (I would always see them on a monday morning during the train ride.... haha.)

.

It is good to know that time is limited. To know that things does not last. That's when we started to be appreciative and learn not to take things for granted.

For example: I remembered when I was leaving San Francisco Bay Area for Singapore. That last morning, I found the sky to be exceptionally blue, the trees exceptionally green and the air exceptionally fresh. Everything was so beautiful. That's only the end of a phase of my life.

Thinking about my whole life.

Death will be the end of this life.

Reflecting on Death is a great a way to remind me that things are not permanent.

When i realised that time is limited, I see everything around me as a gift and start to treasure life and appreciate little things in life.

More importantly, I want and need to feel ALIVE.

And EXTREMELY thankful that I am ALIVE.

I always feel that:

Life is beautiful!

No comments: