Sunday, September 29, 2013

Article: Ray Dalio Explains the Economy

Ray Dalio would like to explain the economy to you.

Mr. Dalio, the founder of Bridgewater Associates and whose $13 billion net wealth placed him 31st on the Forbes 400 list, produced the following half-hour video. He explains debt cycles, booms, busts, bubbles, recessions, deleveraging, and how the economy gets itself into trouble. This take on the economy, Mr. Dalio tells us, is what he uses to help guide his investment decisions.

Seeing as Bridgewater is the biggest hedge fund out there, with roughly $150 billion in assets under management, this is quite the insight into what makes it tick. He put it up on YouTube for all the world to see:


+++

Financial education is so under-rated in our education system. Lotsa things I learnt in school & university (science & engineering background) are pretty much useless. I got to learn about financial and investment 1 year after my graduation and I am hooked to it. I regretted that I started late, but at least, I found what I enjoy. 

This video is concise and simple to understand. It is a very good use of your 30 mins. 

No comments: