Thursday, September 16, 2010

Learning to deal with things beyond my control

After 2 consultations with Cardiologist, ECG test, 24Hr Urine Test, 3 Blood Tests, the cardiologist still does not know why I have very high-blood pressure.
Normal Range: 80/120mmHg
Mine: 97/169mmHg
.
My profile does not suit the typical people with high blood pressure.
I am young.
I am a triathlete.
I exercise 4-5 times per week.
I am a semi-vegetarian.
I do not smoke.
I do not drink.
I do not stress myself.
I have enough sleep.
My family does not have a history of high blood pressure.
.
.
The Cardiologist informed me that I would do 3 more tests 2 months later, and if he still could not find out the reason for my very high blood pressure, I would have to be on medication. He could advise nothing else, as I am already living a very healthy lifestyle. That's the Irony of Life.
.
I know what I can do further.
No more Eggs.
No more Chocolate.
No more Ice Cream.
No more Cheese.
No more Pizza.
No more Sponge Cake.
More Fruits.
More Celery.
.
He advises me to wait for the result in Nov before I decide if I should participate in the Dec marathon.
What else can I do?
I have done my best.
If my lifespan is shorten, I will not regret.
I have tried my best, and will be at peace with the outcome.
.
Wish me luck! 
=) 

1 comment:

Yingel said...

Take care, my friend.