Monday, November 23, 2009

Books on Happiness

There are 3 precious things I took away with me after the Nepal Trip:
1. Beautiful Memory of Himalayas & the people
2. Lessons learnt during the journey
3. A Book I bought in Kathmandu


A guide to developing Life's Most Important Skill
by
.
.
.
And other excellent book that I have read this year:

by
.
.
.
How often do you feel extremely grateful that you read a book?
I seldom feel grateful after reading a book.
I feel a deep sense of gratitude for the wisdom that are being shared in both books.
Both authors are exceptional individuals with loving (compassionate) kind hearts .
.
Both of them are Buddhist Monks of different traditions (ie. Tibetan Mahayana Buddhism & Thai Theravada Buddhism), but both of them came with a Scientific Backgrounds (ie. Biology Phd working under Nobel Prize Laureate in France & Scholarship to study Theoretical Physics at Cambridge), which allow them to analyse and view things critically and rationally.
.
I like the books as it is free from Dogma & Doctrine, and written with alot of Compassion & Wisdom (A Genuine Alruistic Intention). Without knowing the background of the authors, you might think you are reading self-improvement books.
.
The ultimate objective is to improve the life of the readers by developing the skills to be happy.
I am definitely a happier person after reading both books.
=)

No comments: