Sunday, December 07, 2008

Boon sucks @ Marathon

Yeah. The Verdict is out, and I sucks @ marathon. =(
My Timing is 5hr 24mins.
My training-mates' timing are 40-70mins better than mine.
.
.
.
This is my timing:
First 21km: Less than 2hrs
Next 15km: 2hr ++
Last 6km: 1hr ++
.
.
.
Jon was saying that we only trained up to 30km, and the rest is in the mind.
During the run, I know that my condition was not as good as 2 or 3 weeks back while i was training. While I believe that my flu & sore throat do plays a part, but the gap between my training mates and myself is abit too big.
.
.
.
However, there are some experiences that I would remember for a some time:
- the embrassment of jogging and realising that the walkers were walking at the same pace as you
(As though I was literally jogging on the spot.)
.
- even while i was walking, other walkers just walked pass me
(My long legs were useless)
.
- the pain of not able to control your urinary track
(No Kidding. I had to walk SLOWLY as I could not control it. I had to go to toilet whenever there was an opportunity. At least, I now i could relate those old folks with urine problems. BTW, I am fine now. thankfully!)
.
.
.
anyway, my flu & phlegm is back again.
Hopefully, i could recover in time for my backpacking trip to Burma in 5 days time!!!
woohoo.... =)

1 comment:

Jon Boo said...

- If you feel bad at 21km, you're in trouble.(so you didn't, thus you're not :P)
- If you feel bad at 32km, you're normal. (so you did, thus you're normal:P)
- If you don't feel bad at 41 km, you're abnormal.(so you felt bad, thus you're normal:P)
- And when you complete, nobody can take it away from you. (3 years in the making. It's an exciting journey isn't it? Congrads!)

Jon