Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Missed Call & A very simple kinda happiness

Last evening, I had a missed call on my phone at 9.30pm.
+91........
A call from India.
This number was not in my phonebook.
I was thinking that it must be my Indian Colleague calling me.
He used to call me at odd hours.
He might have changed his number.
If it was that urgent, he would call me back.
So I just left it as it was.
.
.
.
This morning at work
Surprised that there were no emails from my Indian Colleague or any India counterparts.
until I talked to Hanyang (My India Travelmate) on msn.
Our Nepali-Indian friend (Wang Di) called him last night at around 9.30pm
Then it started to dawn on me
my missed call was from a kind friend we met during our backpacking trip
.
.
.
Despite being quite frustrated with work
it brought happiness and joy instantly
It was a very simple kind of happiness
It brought back fond memories
Kindness, friendship
.
.
.
Wang-di and his sister
http://boon-india07.blogspot.com/2008/01/bodhgaya-bihar.html
.
.
.
Their simple kindness will always be remembered.
.
.
.
A Nice Text Message from Wang-Di:
"Hello my friends HAN,BOON n SIS....Hope u n ur families r in good health. imreally hapy that u all respond my homly hospitality. i praise u all because u remembered me and my family from a great distance. i do hope u all will visit india again and not miss my home in DARJEELING too. I contact my family this morning and share them about u all they became very much excited and express their LOVE,GRACE and BEST WISHES to uall. this much for today love u all."
.
**He still thinks that peiyun was my sister. While we were traveling in India, we told the local that yun was our sister, as India was still a very conservative society.
.
.
.
I remember asking Wang-di if he would like to stay in City or Darjeeling (Foothill of the Himalayas). His immediate & firm reply was "What's great about city? Pollution was so bad". He mentioned that he couldn't wait to go back to Darjeeling to breathe fresh air.
I am really happy for him.
He knows that he is living in paradise.
A place with fresh air, good weather & the view of the most majestic mountain ranges - the HIMALAYAS
Nice people and great culture

No comments: