Sunday, October 04, 2015

Farewell Tracy and RIP


Below is my post on Tracy's FB page:

"Dear Tracy,
It was 10 years ago. 3 of us (Ying, you and I) went backpacking in Tibet for almost 3 weeks. It was your first backpacking trip, and you were very daring to join us and rough it out. The conditions in Tibet were very harsh.
The first 2 days in Lhasa when we were all suffering from Altitude Sickness - headaches / breathlessness etc... Initially, you wanted to go home, but you decided to continue the 3 weeks journey. We traveled illegally overland from Tibet to Yunnan with the Guangzhou Trios. At the end of 3 weeks, you were doing really well (ie. Running up the steep hill while we were trying to keep up with your pace , eating the big roasted lamb with your bare hands etc...). Both Ying and I were very impressed. You were such a strong survivor and adapter!!! smile emoticon
There were so many funny and silly moments during the trip as well.
One of them happened in the hostel in Lhasa. You wanted to use the common toilet, but the stench was so bad that you could even smell it with your stuffy nose. I gave you a brilliant suggestion - apply the Chinese medical oil near your nose so that you will only smell the medical oil and not the stench. In the end, you hit me (in a playful manner) when you came back from the common toilet. You said that my suggestion did not work, in fact, the Chinese medical oil cleared your stuffy nose so well that you could smell the stench more. Haha. We always had a good laugh over this incident.
You were always very accommodating and nice. Always smiling. smile emoticon
Early this year, my good friend was also diagnosed with acute leukemia. I asked you for help, and you accepted it without hesitation.
You replied:
"Great. I will speak with her"
"I hope I can help her."
"I will try to help as much as I can."
Despite being quite ill, you have been so selfless and helpful.
Thank you so much!!!
As you know, she always says that you are her idol - for being so strong. smile emoticon
Yesterday, at your wake, the eulogies delivered were very touching. It is a testament of what a kind and nice person you have been.
It also serves as a good reminder to the rest of us on how we should live our life.
Thanks for the friendship and wonderful memories.
Farewell my friend.
May you rest in peace.
Your Friend"

+++
This blog has slowly becoming an obituary. This is the 8th wake I have attended this year.
 2 aunts wake, 2 HIV patientz, 1 friend's dad, Mr Lee Kuan Yew, My grandmother & Tracy's wake. 

Early this week, I did not sleep well, I was partly affected by Tracy's departure.

I was saddened to think she was suffering in the last few days, and she shed tears while she was in coma. Not sure if that was her way of saying goodbye or she was not ready to go. =(

We traveled together in Tibet 10 years ago, it was such a great trip with so many fond memories. I kept thinking if back then, she knows that she would depart this world in 10 years, how would she live her life? Similarly, if I only have another 5 or 10 years left, how would I live differently?

Knowing that your time is limited, would you have lived differently?



No comments: