Sunday, February 01, 2015

Music: Lama Gyurme & Jean-Philippe Rykiel - Offering Chant

I bought this CD ("RAIN OF BLESSINGS: VAJRA CHANTS") when I was traveling in Dharamsala (where His Holiness The Dalai Lama resides) 2 year ago. 

Read more on: https://realworldrecords.com/artist/432/lama-gyurme/


This particular piece touches my heart - I don't know what it means, but it brings calm and peace. I felt as though I am seeing my life from a distant and recognizing the impermanence of life, recognizing my transient insignificant existence, nothing is worth holding back.... willing to let go of everything and be at peace with the greater Universe. 

*Trivial: Jean-Phillippe Rykiel

Jean-Philippe Rykiel is a French composer, arranger & musician, primarily a keyboard player. He has been blind since his birth[1] in 1961, and is the son of fashion designer Sonia Rykiel.

No comments: