Sunday, November 04, 2012

Travel: Advance Diving Course @ Tioman Island, Malaysia

The advance diving trip to Tioman was really tiring. I did not enjoy myself as I wanted to. I was really busy at work on friday, and after work, I went to the dive shop to catch a coach to Mersing (which we arrive at 11pm), then we took a really uncomfortable boat ride to Tioman Island (arriving at 2am+). I managed to sleep at 3am!!

Within 6 hours, I got to wake up, rush for my breakfast & go for my first dive. We had a total of 4 dives (including a night dive) that day. The dive boat was cramped and lotsa people were in it. It was pure exhaustion to prepare the equipment, waiting for others to get ready. The dive sites weren't exactly nice.

The next day, we woke at 5.30am to prepare for our first dive. ='(  

My first diving course was 10 years ago while I was still an undergraduate, but being a dive student again was not very fun. I had been going for leisure dives, where I paid money to enjoy. This trip was just tiring!!!

Such Crystal Clear Water.
I really got to enjoy it for a brief moment the last day (when the second dive was canceled). I was so glad that the dive was canceled. I could finally enjoy the nature!! 

With my dive mate =)

I felt I was jaded as well, and I was not as excited when I reached Tioman Island. Around 10 years ago when I first visited Tioman Island, I was literally jumping with joy as I had never seen such crystal clear water. Everything was new and exciting. Nowadays, I admittedly could not reach that kind of excitement easily. The good thing is that I have been fortunate to travel the world and see many beautiful things and places. The bad thing is that I am jaded and taken things for granted. Not a good sign.

No comments: