Thursday, December 02, 2010

A New Phase of Life...

Quite alot of things happened in this 2 weeks. This will definitely be one of the turning points of my life - not sure if it is for better or for worse. Experienced lotsa different emotions - Apprehension, Anger, Disappointment, Fear and Excitement. 
.
Always learning more about other people and myself. Learning not to be too emotional at times, as it is pointless. Learning to refocus and reflect on the important things and people in my life. Learning to embrace uncertainties. 
.

There are lotsa uncertainties and challenges in the road ahead, but I am excited about it.
(Photo taken in Tibet - 2005)
.
.
.
Two days ago, I was reading an article about a fund manager whose entire life's reputation is at risk, as he uproots himself from London and focus entirely on China. His remarks resonated with me:

You don't want to get to the end of your life and say "Why did I not have a go at that?" 
- Anthony Bolton, fund manager. 

.
A Wise Quote from a Japanese Buddhist Monk -  Nichiren (1222-1268), who started Nichiren Buddhism (e.g. Soka Gakkai)

"suffer what there is to suffer,
enjoy what there is to enjoy"

and drawing inspiration from my fellow Buddhist - Steve Job's speech at 2005 Stanford Commencement:

"When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."

No comments: