Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sunset

Just a normal day
I was rushing home after work
why am i rushing back?
I don't know
what's the hurry?
I don't know
.
.
.
out of sudden
I thought of K** who was bedridden
I saw the sunset in the midst of HDB buildings
Is K** able to see the sunset?
felt a bit sad
but felt fortunate that i could still see the sunset
.
.
.
slow down my pace
gazing towards the direction of the sunset
breathe in deeply
I am glad that I am still alive
.
.
.
the sunset is ordinary, but beautiful
Will that be my last sunset?
I don't know
But i was glad that I enjoyed that moment
.
.
.
How often do I slow down my pace to enjoy the sunset?
(Taken in 2003, Reflection Pool, Washington DC)
.
.
.
I always enjoy looking at sunset.
it could be a philosophical moment
it could be an emotional moment
it is always a peaceful moment
.
.
.
It signifies the end of day
end of journey
time for reflection

No comments: